Monday, September 12, 2011

Camotes: A Small Piece of Paradise!

Need a breather?

If you want to take a breather, come to the island of Camotes. I tell you this could be a perfect retreat from the hustles and bustles of the metropolis. Still not convinced? The long, powder - coated sand and crystal clear water in the island is to die for. When I heard from my friends that the beaches in Camotes are breathtaking, then I started to save a penny. Though, quite a long story, the whole kaboodle were whisked off to the island. This time without any hesitation.


Much to my surprise, the island offers something that I can't see in the metro. It may be the tranquil mood, the laidback environment and the not so commercialized beauty rolled into one. You readers have to see it in the photos as you scroll down and get a glimpse of what I'm trying to say. Some of the photos are taken by me and some shots were from my friend. Forgive us if we are not so good in finding the right angles. hahaha


Discover Camotes
You too can have a B-L-A-S-T!!...




Approximately, 33 nautical miles outside of Cebu City lies the magnificent island of Camotes. It is composed of four islands namely Poro and Tudela towns, Pilar, Tulang,  and the town of San Francisco. The latter sounds international, isn't it? haha.... Humor aside, San Francisco is one of the nicest destinations of the country as Philippine officials have been promoting it. To name a few, the governor of Cebu has been urging townfolks and travelers to join in the program she initiated and call it, "Suroy - suroy sa Sugbo" or in other words Traveling Around Cebu. The Department of Tourism has been supporting it also. My trip specifically points out to the beauty of San Francisco where most of the exciting places to visit can be found here. Come!!... Join me, as I unravel the beauty of Camotes that is equally comparable to the likes of Bantayan Island and the world famous, Boracay.


The Map of Camotes

You will never get lost!

Here is a detailed map of Camotes. You may zoom in and out, use the scroll keys, and all the things you want. It's just one click away.

Google Map of Camotes Island in Cebu


Here is my story


As far as my memory can serve me, I was never interested to go to this island, There were innumerable instances that I can go for a vacation but I opted not to. I never end up with childish reasons like big waves on the way there, problems with food choices, power supply, life on a countryside, and so on. But amidst these baseless ideas and/ or misconceptions, there seem to be a connection between me and this island. First, it is my mom's hometown. Second, most of my relatives on the maternal side reside in Camotes. So if you're talking about chances, I have it all !



A   S-N-E-A-K   P-E-E-K!!!~


SANTIAGO BEACH RESORT

The long powdered sand and water as clear as crystal.




MANGODLONG BEACH RESORT

A rocky - edged resort! 

A sure haven for adventurous people



TIMUBO CAVE
Scary it may sound but what a delight when you get there.




It's a bit dim though. You have to walk downstairs. Roughly about 5 minutes. But once you get there, you can't help but swim. However, I have one big problem. I can't S-W-I-M!! I'm such a loser. ha-ha. Nonetheless, I'm trying to hold on at the rocks on the sides. Trying to imitate the likes of spiderman.! :)

LAKE DANAO 


This place is nice for family and friends to unwind.  

The lake looks like number 8 and some says it has a shape of a guitar.



GREEN LAKE

It used to be a main attraction but now it has so many drastic changes. :(


Scorching Heat!!!




GIRLS AND BOYS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN!
!



Now the sun finally set its tone.

Sunset at Bakhaw Beach - Camotes Island, Cebu






2 comments:

sally said...

i always have a fantasy about other country's landscape.
peaceful sea, sunset, palm tree,etc..
but after i saw the picture, i can think more various.
and i took the site that i want to go.
First, i want go valley.
water's color is very clean,mystery. moreover if i fall in to water, i can feel my body is clean.
and, i go to the lake DANADO.
in pictures, there's atmosphere is vert calm. so i want to go there when i have a stress.
finally i want to go cave.
although i can't swim well, if i go to there, i can think i become a mermaid.
anyway i want to go there!!!
i envy you

Mary Jane MaƱago said...

Hi Sally!...

Come here!...Like right now...kkk
It is indeed beautiful. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...