Monday, September 19, 2011

St. Benedict's Monastery in Carmen, Cebu

In need of a solitary space? Want to just sit in rapture and be one with nature? Come to the non - secluded St Benedict's Monastery in Carmen, Cebu - the equally beautiful Simala of the North!

I must say that I was very fortunate to have known this place in time for Holy Week. I was needing a calm environment at that time. It did happen and I was there on Black Saturday. It was just perfect!

All along, I was looking for something like this.








And I found it here!!!
@ St. Benedict's Monastery


How could you not love this place?
These lovely angels at the side.

A stairway to heaven

                                                 The Giant NiƱo sitting on top 

Just as you forget.......

The 10 Commandments

Say your intentions at the Rosary Center.
Rosary Center

                                                One of the many mysteries


The church looks so classy on a hill.


I love angels

The church's interior
One of the many reasons why you have to be here on a holy week.


                                                   I compiled photos and put it on a video.

It was a memorable and steady day.





This is surely not the last. I would love to be back.

P.S
Will be posting tips on how to get there on my next blog. ^__^

3 comments:

heart^^ said...

Nice pics u got there jane.saw ur name on my blog follower's list..thanks for dropping by.

wish i could get the chance to visit this place..seems relaxing!

Jane said...

Hi Ms. lea... Thsnks for dropping by too.. heheh

Yeah, I so love it here. It certainly drives away negative vibes. Let me know if you plan to visit this place. I would be glad to help you.

Linda said...

This place looks cool.
I can see many trees, statues, etc.
I think you love to travel and write something after.
Anyway, I like this because I can learn some places in the Philippines and also your life.
Thank you for sharing your experiences. kkkkk :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...