Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bacolod City and the Seven Falls of Mambukal

It all started with a ticket booked randomly for Bacolod. Then, the planning and pesky inquiries came in. A friend told me, "Why Bacolod? There's nothing much to do here! " I chuckled, I said, wait; Bacolod is the City of Smiles and the Sugarbowl of the Philippines. Also famous for its ancestral houses and to top it all Mambukal is fantastic for having not 1 but 7 waterfalls! Take that! So there you go, me trying to justify my actions. haha.

Fast forward to 12.10.11! The downpour was heavy days prior to our arrival. The thought of it made me sick. Luckily, Mr. Sunshine greeted us that morning with a beaming smile. I was so, so delighted! Having a limited time, we chose to drop roaming around Silay and head to Mambukal Falls instead. Had a quick breakfast at Bongbong's; went outside the vicinity of the airport. and rode a tricycle and paid P10.00. We got off at the highway and transfer to a jeepney bound for Bacolod and paid P13.00 From the jeepney terminal to Libertad Terminal (where buses for Mambukal can be found); fare is P7.00. The fare going to Mambukal Resort is P35.00. This wouldn't be possible and I bet we might have been lost without the help of a good natured Ilongga named Merlyn. She was with us from Silay Airport to Libertad terminal. She, making sure that we reach our destination. I'm speechless! Her kindness is genuine. Indeed, a perfect welcome for us tourists! :)

The arrival area at the New Bacolod - Silay Airport
Had breakfast here. Ordered steak.
Exactly noontime, we arrived at Mambukal Falls Resort. That was a close 2.5 hours if you came all the way from Silay Airport and roughly an hour travel if you are based on Libertad. Paid P50.00 for the entrance fee.

Mambukal Resort



So you know you may end up in a typical resort? Never! Take a look!

Rates
Camera kept rolling.  Taking photos. Nonstop!




Tourist Lodge

Do you think that's all? There's more!!!


This is way too spectacular!!!

Off we go to the 7 Falls. Kinda dense. Spell~ Good luck!!!


A Guide Map

The trail starts right here!
Expect a lot of these along the way.



There are no words for this.Such a beauty!


River up close
Finally we made it to this gorgeous backdrop!
Mambukal's 1st Falls
Mambukal's 2nd Falls
Mambukal's 3rd Falls
The 4th and the 5th falls were closed and not passable due to landslides. So we trek for another 25 minutes going to the 6th. Mind you, it's not easy!!! You'll be needing gazillions of water! ha-ha


My throat is already parched and legs started to crumble here and there. I suffered from cramps too. But still raring to go up even until the 6th falls.
Welcome to the 6th Falls!!!
Mambukal's 6th Falls (taken from another angle)
We almost pass out. Reaching the 6th falls was already an achievement!! Wooohoo! We refused going up one more notch to reach the 7th falls. Another 35 minutes trek if we chose to. But naah.....six is enough. :)))

On our way down, we saw this hanging bridge. Can't let it pass. Lovely feeling to let go of my fears. Did my first canopy walk. :)
I made it to this canopy walk.. haha
Our group and our helpful tourguide- Jhoebert
Me and my sis
The Hanging Bridge
The trek going up is a painstaking effort but going down is not. It feels like a few minutes


Nam.nam.nam.. Capped the trekking experience with a hearty lunch. DELICIOUS!


We definitely enjoyed Mambukal Falls too much that we did nothing but stay there instead of exploring the rest of Bacolod! \^^/

6 comments:

Nava K said...

Love the wonderful outdoor scenery with all the green surrounding.

sally said...

I have a feeling that your country has a lot of beautiful sights.
To see the waterfalls, it feels like walking to a lot of stairs and follows the trail that has lots of rocks.
If I am in your position and if I happen to arrive in that destination, I’ll try to forget all the hardships!!
On the other hand, the hot spring catches my attention. I want to swim there.~~
But because of your country's climate, when I go there, maybe those kinds of thinking will disappear.kk
Also, the image of the hot spring looks like a magic drag.
Waterfalls' current seems to be gradually strong.
I want to hear the sound of the current. It will make me feel relaxed.
In addition, the surroundings have a lot of greens, and it looks mysterious.
I think that if I enter the forest, I might meet an elf.
Though in your story, there isn’t.
And I’m always delighted seeing a hanging bridge because it brings back memories of my childhood. I like to cross the bridge to the other end!
Didn't you go with your older sister, am I right?
I want to travel with my younger sister, too.
So, when we come to an age where we can support our travel adventures then I would love to drag my sister around.

Jane said...

Thanks Nava.K :)

Jane said...

You are so right Sally! My country is blessed with natural resources. So what are you waiting for, come here and I'll tour you around!! kk

neiljen said...

wow maganda wala me masabi...i cannot wait to go there....sana march na....love it

Jane said...

Wow! Enjoy your stay Neiljen. Hope you'll have fun as much as I did.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...